5 things I miss in Ecuador:
- The heat - summer has not arrived in Scotland this year yet!
- The spontaniety, flexibility, and last minute plans.
- Meeting with the Girls´ Brigade lasses and sharing their fun, joys and sorrows.
- Living outdoors, swimming in the river and the simplicity of life.
- The affection and warmth shown by family and friends.
- The kind folk who have opened their homes to us and gone out of their way to make us feel at home.
- The many people who have taken time to listen to our talks about Ecuador and found it in their hearts to respond and help.
- The wonderful opportunity my daughters have to see so many parts of the country and learn through travel.
- The organisation, infrastructure and efficiency.
- Being able to worship in English with so many other Christians. Using my heart-language is a release and a joy.
But I am so glad I am able to have this experience in the company of my husband and daughters, for all these shared moments and memories. It is a special chance to spend time together as a family and for me to share my heritage with them.
|Photo by Claire Durham|