Project Ecuador

Project Ecuador
Giving Hope and a Future

Wednesday 1 August 2012


This is my prayer for the children who have sponsors helping them attend school;

“Give them neither poverty nor riches, but give them their daily bread.  Otherwise they may have too much and disown You and say “Who is the Lord?”  Or they may be too poor and steal and so dishonour the name of our God.”  Proverbs 30v8-9

I pray it for myself as well. 

I pray these children may learn and grow in wisdom and knowledge so that they may be able to defend themselves against those who would oppress them, and may be able to provide for their families in a dignified manner. 

I pray that they will no longer have to wonder where the next meal is going to come from, work only to eat.  I pray they will have enough to clothe their children, and send them to school.  I pray they will have enough to be able to have a day off and still have food to eat that day.  I pray they might have enough to take a trip to the seaside at least once in their lifetime, to explore their beautiful country and discover the wonders of the world around them. 

I pray they will not seek money but that they might know contentment.  I pray they will not think that riches and wealth will satisfy them, but that they will remember their Heavenly Father who graciously gives us all things.

I pray that they will take their place in this world, that they will realize their potential and serve their communities as nurses, lawyers and teachers, as mothers and fathers, as honourable business men and women, and as community leaders.  I pray that their education and hard work will open doors for them, will give them opportunities and choices in life.  I pray that they will pay forward the help they have received to others in need in the future. 

Most of all I pray that they will seek Jesus as their Master, their Friend and their Guide.  I pray they will discover the joy of serving Him.      

No comments:

Post a Comment