1. Patience, patience, patience…. For paperwork, bureaucracy, & more paperwork….
2. Be kind – I have no idea what the person next to me is going through.
3. Humility – those who have nothing give so much more than I do from my plenty.
4. Be generous. Do not fear. God always provides for our needs.
5. What it is to be misunderstood. What it is to feel helpless. Living in a culture different to my own has created many opportunities to learn these lessons!
6. The joy of thanking God for the simple gift of another day to live and to love. Having seen so many patients and neighbours die young, I no longer take life for granted.
7. Our lives are like a breath, here today and gone tomorrow. Live each day to the full and for His glory.
8. God is with us, no matter what tragedies befall us.
9. I need to forgive and to be forgiven.
10. God loves me profoundly and eternally.