I arrived in Ecuador 10 years ago. Here are 10 of my favourite places in Ecuador...
1. Baños - the bustling tourist town with stunning waterfalls and zip-wires.
2. Cuicocha lake near Otavalo, the extinct volcano which offers walks and boat rides, and the chance to see volcanic gases bubbling up to the surface of the water.
3. Mitad del Mundo - the equator monument just north of Quito. A great place to take visitors so they can stand on the line between North and South.
4. Ingapirca Inca ruins - a fabulous chance to look back into history.
6. Chimborazo Volcano - another spectacular summit with freezing winds and wild views.
8. Mindo - home of exotic birds, fluttering butterflies, a chocolate tour and spectacular humming birds.
10. My home amongst the anthuriums and the orchids, the colourful birds and the iguanas, with bananas ever on hand and a beautful river to swim in.